Sunday 21 February 2016

DIY: Lush Lip Scrub

Welcome to the first of my new DIY posts! I've decided to also add some more parts to the blog like making stuff and fashion hacks :) It's something I've wanted to do for ages but always kept putting it back just due to being busy!

For my first DIY post I thought I'd show you a clever beauty hack with one of my fave winter beauty essentials - a lip scrub!



For those who have never tried a lip scrub - you gotta give this a try!

I was having my roots done yesterday when my hair dresser told me he was nipping out whilst my waiting for my toner to set in. About 10 minutes later he came back with a lip balm and told me how much his lips were hurting and how chapped they were, I asked him if he had ever tried to use a lip scrub which he hadn't and on my phone googled it for him to show him and found this pretty cool DIY version of my mega fave Lush lip scrub.

I since went home and tried it out and I have to say it is pretty much exactly the same stuff and have refilled my old "The Kiss" scrub that I got last year with my new home made version!

This lip scrub is made of sugar which you can simply lick or rinse off if you are worried about sugary things. Sugar acts as an exfoliant to smooth chapped, dry lips, while olive oil is a super moisturiser that helps the sugar work and binds it all together.

It is surprisingly simple to make, and you prob have all these ingredients in your kitchen cupboards already! :)

Here's what you need and how to make it:

- Granulated sugar
- Olive oil
- Empty container (I reused an old lush one)
- Vanilla extract (could try other flavour that you can find in shops such as Lakeland or any local bakery supply style shops - why not try bubblegum, or orange? :) )
- Food colouring (again this is completely up to you which colour, I went for pink as it's the same as the Lush scrub colour)



DIY Lip Scrub Recipe

Step one

Mix ½ teaspoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of granulated sugar in a bowl.

Step two

Add in a drop of vanilla extract and mix it with the sugar and the oil.

Step three

Add 1-2 drops of food colouring into the mixture. Like the vanilla, you don't need to be adding alot of this as otherwise it might temporarily stain your lips when you apply it! Stir this all in until combined and all the sugary mix is coated in pink or whatever colour you have chosen.

Step four

Put the mixture into your container and your DIY Lush Lip Scrub is done! :)


Do you have any beauty product hacks to share? :) Let me know & I'll try them out! :) 

Love, Sarah x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sarah in Wonderlust. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig