Thursday 31 July 2014

July 2014 Edit - Day 212

The Lion King @ Covent Garden, London

I am absolutely loving that for once we are actually having a proper summer!

Literally all of my purchases this month have been mainly focused on summer beauty stuff. I tend to find I spend alot less in the summer on make up and stuff as I have fairly sensitive skin and prefer to spend out on creams and scrubs that keep my skin happy in the heat, as well as I like rocking a looking more natural look in the summer. I do wear the same foundation though all year round which is Bourjois Healthy Mix in Vanilla - you will probably hear me rave about this stuff alot because its one of very few beauty products I swear by and will never change. Its perfect for the summer as it keeps your skin hydrated and moisturised - alot of foundations dry out your skin like crazy but not this one!

Summer Holiday Skin - Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, Neutrogena Pore & Shine Scrub, Sanctuary Spa Body Scrub & Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Sunkissed Lotion
 Earlier this month I took the plunge and bleached my fringe from the roots down and in doing so have found out how really high maintenance it is to keep bleached hair looking at its best - especially in hot weather! I bought a couple of different brassy/yellow toners for platinum hair as I wasn't sure which was best. I bought Scott Cornwalls colour restore iced platinum hair toner and the whole set of Pro:vokes - A Touch Of Silver, they are both a scary looking blue colour - but this is nothing to be scared of , these toners are full of violet pigments that make your hair a brighter and purer blonde which reflects in the colour of the products. This will rinse off and wont make your hair blue!

Scott Cornwall was the bluest toner, which seemed to work well on my hair but has a higher price tag at £12, it doesn't condition the hair as well as hoped, so this may be better used in the case of yellow - almost orange hair emergencies. I wouldn't rule this toner out as it has got rave reviews on the Boots website but I reckon its probably better used on darker tones of yellow or if you have bleached all your hair rather than just strands, tips or fringe.

A Touch Of Silver Conditioner, Shampoo & Brassiness Toner

I prefer A Touch Of Silver which firstly is cheaper (yay!) so you can buy the whole set of products for less than the price of Scott Cornwalls. It's less scary looking - more of a lilac colour than electric blue. You can leave it on for anything around 20 mins and then rinse with the shampoo and conditioner which actually smells really nice and leave your hair super soft afterwards..bargain!

Eastbourne Steampunk Craft Fair - Next time I'll actually check I've put my memory card in my camera..doh!

As for stuff I've been doing this month, I went to see the Lion King earlier this month in London's which was amazing - well worth getting downstairs centre seats - book and go and see - you'l see why! :) and then I've been making the most of the weather and popping along to a couple of local little festivals. I went to a Steampunk fair a couple of week ago and went to see one of my sisters mates stools which had fab brooches and jewellery she had made out of lace and feathers. Hopefully there will be another one next year and I'll make sure I pop more monies aside, saw so many pretty things!


Love, Sarah x

Steampunk fair image c/o The Henna & Hat Lady - Emma Morton
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sarah in Wonderlust. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig